Jan 29, 2009

Look, it's a blog

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now. I really enjoyed blogging about my semester abroad in Costa Rica, and thought it might be nice to continue the practice back here in the good ol' U.S. of A. I put it off for various reasons (perceived lack of material and external interest, namely) and have finally decided to procrastinate no more.

Blogging from Costa Rica was a great way to keep my friends and family informed about my life without feeling like I was forcing them to be informed. It seemed to work, which was remarkable given how terrible I am at keeping in touch. With so many changes about to happen in my life (graduating from college, getting a job, getting married, and moving west--in that order) , it seems prudent to resurrect the blog. I figured I had better set it up now before things get crazy and I lose the motivation.

A sidenote: some of you may wonder as to the meaning of the blog URL. "Pickles and bleu" refers to a rather disgusting sandwich that I loved to make when I was about 4 or 5. I would place 6 dill pickle slices (the kind you put on hamburgers) on a piece of bread, cover the pickles in bleu cheese salad dressing, and top it off with a second piece of bread. I think I thought I was being creative, when in actuality I was slowly creating a deep fear of cooking with every disgusting sandwich.

So there you have it! Expect anecdotes, trivial and important; updates, brief and lengthy; and pictures; poorly drawn and photographed. All tempered with a certain smug tone and a dash of egocentrism.

2 comments:

  1. So you never liked the sandwich? You made it all the time! What the hell was wrong with you?

    This explains things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I loved it at the time. Looking back, though, the thought of it makes me kind of sick.

    ReplyDelete